Saturday, January 4, 2014

Growing Out A Pixie: Part 1





For any who are interested in the different stages of growing out a pixie, here are a few pics to show how my hair has grown over the past 6 months.

I chopped all of my hair off in May 2013...we're talking like 17 inches worth of hair. I wanted a pixie, but got a TERRIBLE cut and spent the next week crying because I felt like a boy. My husband took me to Hawaii as a graduation gift 2 weeks after my lame-o hair cut...and I DESPERATELY missed my long locks during our time at the beach.

May 2013

Sorry friends, but no matter who you are, you are going to have a horrible hair cut by about 3 months post-pixie. You will find lovely "windows" on the sides of your head from where the hair was cut around the ears...it's Super Cute. But, there's nothing you can do about it. I just kinda went with it and flipped a few pieces out here-and-there to make the windows seem less dramatic.

August 2013



By the time 6 months had gone by, I had a perfectly normal hair cut. I didn't have to try and hide the "windows" and I could style it many different ways. There is an important side note to add though, *YOU WILL NEED TO TRIM YOUR HAIR* The back of your hair will grow a lot quicker than the rest so I suggest trimming it off or you'll be stuck with a funky-duck-tail. By 6 months, I had trimmed the back 3 times.
November 2013


Don't worry ladies! If you're depressed because you chopped all of your hair off, or if you're just starting to grow out a pixie, there is hope. The simple fact is that a bad hair cut will always grow out!! 




4 comments:

  1. I’m 71 and want shoulder length hair. I grow it out then impulsively cut it off. Need the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it - I want to try growing my hair out, it's been YEARS since I could tuck both sides behind my ears. I'm going for it.

      Delete
  2. Embrace the shag haircut. I’ve been growing my hair out and have been letting be shaggy. Going 3 months between cuts and it still looks good. A great hair stylist helps too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your cut. Mine is growing back from chemo and I want to work for a shag

      Delete