Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Halloween Decorating on a Budget





I LOVE Halloween decorations but I HATE how expensive it can all be. My little man and I went shopping the other day and hit up the local dollar store and Michael's...we found everything I needed for my decorating project.

Also, look at these awesome Fall flowers! $3 bucks :)


First, I needed a wreath. I bought a $3 vine wreath and spray painted it black; I threw on a few webs and spiders and it was done! But I felt like it was missing something, so I added a $2 foam sign to it.

Each holiday my son and I make cutouts from construction paper and this year we did bats and ghosts. We taped the bats on the door and folded the wings to make them look like they were flying.

For the ghosts, we glued little eyes onto them and hung them from the ceiling.

My favorite decoration we made was a little Haunted Village centerpiece for the table. We bought porcelain houses from the Christmas section at the dollar store and painted them black. I also painted the windows orange and added some grey to make them look a little weathered.


There ya have it! Super cheap, and only two stores. It was a lot of fun and the perfect craft to do with a toddler!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment